Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Blue 2.0 RSS Feeds

So I set up a bloglines account today as part of the Blue 2.0 program. Honestly, I really don’t care for bloglines at all, or RSS feeds for that matter. I’d rather just go to the person’s blog than get an update that is just a blurb or summation…. Maybe it’s just that I feel it’s rude to just get an update than to actually take the time to read what someone has written. I don’t know anyone who uses RSS feeds and actually reads the person’s blog. To me, bloglines is more like a favorites list than anything else and I can already do that in Internet Explorer. Anyways.. enough of that rant.

So I subscribed to a couple different blogs of people I know…. Bob, Kathryn, and Cliff. I also subscribed to Bearly Edible.. a recipe/cooking blog from a group of gay bears. I thought it was just up my alley and quite frankly it is. What can I say? I like to eat. Oh and also the Blue 2.0 blog as it’s the reason I’m doing this to begin with.

Honestly I really don’t think I’ll use this more than I have to.. I’d be surprised if I use it again unless Blue 2.0 wants us to use it for a further activity.

1 comment:

Stacey Greenwell said...

you can set many feeds to show the entire post rather than the first few lines of a post. most feeds I read, I see the entire post. some blogs even give you the option to subscribe to the feed with comments, so you'll see the updated post in your reader every time a comment is added.